Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Are you at Peace?

It is Advent season and as I light the second candle on my Advent wreath, I am reminded of the gift of peace and what that means to me.

Jesus is my peace. He promises me his peace, not peace as the world gives (John 14:27).

How can that be, you ask, when our lives are sometimes so chaotic and there is such turmoil?

Like the old hymn says "It is well with my soul." Having the peace of Christ means having trust that He is working all things out for my good - even when they may not seem to be good at all from a human perspective. The kingdom of heaven is righteousness, peace, and joy (Romans 14:7).

So today, when the chaos and strife of the world begin to close in on you, take a few moments to give thanks to our Lord, for what he did for us, so that we may have his peace. As another old hymn says, "Turn your eyes upon Jesus."

By keeping our eyes on Jesus, we can have peace eternal each and every day of this season. Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment