Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

When You Need a Blessing, Be One

Having a rough time? Feeling down? Things not going well? Sometimes life is just too darned tough.

I've been having a rough time of it lately on several fronts. I always try to do the right thing, so why aren't things working, I ask myself. What am I doing wrong?

Well, before I get too down on myself, and as soon as I feel that old negative attitude creeping up on me, I say to myself, "Patricia, you have so much to be grateful for. Look at what God has brought you through. This is another season of growth." And then I ask God who I can bless.

Maybe I'll drop some soup off at a neighbor's. Perhaps I'll call a friend and see how they're doing. Maybe I'll send a note of encouragement to my coworkers. You never know who's having a rough day. So next time you're having one, shift your thoughts from yourself and be a blessing to someone else. Works every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment