Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Angels in Our Midst

During this time of trial in my life, I am continually amazed to see how God sees me in my times of desperate need and sends an angel to help me. Now, I don't mean an actual Angel, you know, the kind with wings and such, but an angel in the shape of a friend and or a stranger.

Just yesterday, for example, I was preparing to venture out to an important appointment just as the snow from the next blizzard storm had begun to fall. My son warned me not to go out and told me to call my neighbor and ask her to take me.

"No, she's busy, and she had a test to take today. I'm not going to bother her. " I answered stubbornly, once again not listening and willful.

Just as I got of the phone with my son, the phone rang.
Guess who it was?
My neighbor!
She had just returned home from taking her test and when I told her I was planning on going out, immediately, she replied,
"I'll drive you. I have an SUV. I'll drive you."
I could tell by her tone she was serious.

Despite the weather and the stress of her day, there she was volunteering to take me out in the snow and rush hour traffic. We prayed for safety on the way.

"Thank you so much, Lord," we both said as we arrived safely home.

"Thank you, dear friend, for being such an angel today.Truly the Lord has brought you into my life for such a time as this."

As you go through your trials in life, be aware of the Lord's provision and grace. It comes in many forms. And maybe, tomorrow, be an angel to someone you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment