Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Change Your Mind, Change Your Life

Sounds like an old cliche, doesn't it? But it is so true. I was listening to some motivational CDs this week, and the question was "Do you want the next 6 years of your life to be the same as the last 6?" Good question, huh? Really the only thing we have the power to change is ourselves, right? So best to get started.

First up, I change my thinking about a particular area of concern. How? By reading books and listening to materials on the subject to find out what I don't know. Old saying is so untrue, what you don't know WILL hurt you! I study to find out the truth. I seek wise counsel. Usually involves learning some new skills.

Third, and most importantly, I apply those new truths and skills. I use sticky notes and post them in places like the kitchen and the bathroom mirror to remind me to think differently. Like Scripture says, "Faith without works is dead." I must not only believe things can change, I need to take ACTION. If I do my part, God is faithful to do His part. Remember the Israelites crossing the river Jordan? There they were before the vast river leading to the Promised Land. What did God tell the priests to do "Put your foot in the water!" He wanted them to take a step in faith and then He made the river stop flowing. That's all it takes, a bit of courage, and one step of faith.

What is it in your life that needs to change? What steps have you taken to make that happen? Please write and let me know what's going on in your life and to God be the glory!