Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Friday, December 24, 2010

The Greatest Gift

On this Christmas Eve, the sky is clear and the blustery winds of winter are calm. I've just returned from a beautiful church service with my son. In my home and in my heart, there is peace, and for that, I am so very thankful.

Yet I know that there are many out there tonight who cannot say the same and for that I grieve. Parents in strife with their children, partners in strife with their mates, friends in strife against each other, countries at war against one another. Miscommunication and misunderstanding are partly to blame. The Apostle James says "What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you. You desire what you do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight."(James 4:1-2)

We cannot always get what we want, but is that a reason to quarrel and be in conflict with a friend or loved one? What is it that you are wanting this Christmas Eve, dear one? Is it worth losing your peace over? Remember on this night, a baby was born who was to be called "the Prince of Peace". Let Jesus give you His gift of Peace. The price He paid for us to have it was great. Peace on Earth - good will towards men!