Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Sign of Snow

This morning as I look out my window, the sky is puffy and white and the snowflakes are softly floating through the air. Some might look at the snow and see it as a nuisance, an interference in their plans and schedules. I see it as a sign.

A sign, you ask? Of what?

A sign to slow down. To sit back by my fireplace, with a cup of hot tea, and maybe a book, a pet, or a loved one close by. The gym will always be there, so will the stores, the shopping, the errands. After a hectic week on all fronts, I enjoy a snowfall on a saturday morning. The peace I feel watching the snowflakes fall to the ground is a welcome respite from the busyness of the week. To me, it's a reminder from heaven to slow down and relax, to focus and perhaps meditate on what is really important in life.

As we rush through life, and worry and fret about the daily issues and annoyances, I remember Ps. 46:1 "Be still and know that I am God". That's all we really need to do, take some time to be still and listen. Enjoy the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment