Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Choices and Decisions

Every day we make choices. Lots of them. Some are minor and some are major. One of the most important decisions we can make in any given day is the choice to be positive and to see the best in situations and people.

There is a beautiful photo of a sunrise over a beach hanging in my office. In the corner of the photo is a verse from the book of Psalms 118:24 which says "This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." This is to remind me that each morning I have a new opportunity to choose my outlook for the day. I can choose to be optimistic and joyful, or I can choose to hang on to yesterday's problems and mistakes. It is totally up to me.

I also choose to view people this way. I give them the benefit of the doubt. I believe that people can change if they want to. We all have some bad habits and I think once we are aware of them, we want to change them, yes?

Perhaps the most important area of life to decide to view positively is whether or not to have faith. Faith opens up a whole new way of seeing situations, problems, and people. But again, it is up to us to decide whether we are going to exercise faith in any given situation or not.

Deuteronomy 30:19 says that God has set before us life and death, blessings and curses. We have free will to choose what we allow into our lives. What we choose will either bring us life or death, good or bad results.

Will you choose to live a life of positive thinking and faith? Will you choose to see the good in others and believe that even the worst situations can turn out for good? Romans 1:17 says "The just shall live by faith." So today what will you choose?