Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Replace That RAM

Anyone who has a computer knows what RAM is - Random Access Memory. It is the amount of memory that a computer has available to run its various programs.

This morning I decided to be brave, face my fears :), and attempt to swap out the old memory in my laptop and replace it with the 2GB cards I recently purchased online.

Now, first I have to tell you, I am not a pc guru at all. It kind of scared me to think about delving into the inner parts of my laptop, but I was told it was a pretty simple procedure, so...

I said a prayer and began the process. It took me less than 5 minutes. As I waited (and prayed) for the laptop to bootup, the Lord spoke. "Time to get rid of your old memories too! And replace them with new ones." Tears came to my eyes. It was true. It was time to stop thinking about anything from the past and concentrate on building new and wonderful memories for the future.

A few minutes later, the Lord spoke again. "As you doubled the memory in your laptop, I am going to double your good memories." Isaiah 61:7 says "Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs."

Today, dear one, won't you put your old memories on the shelf, or better yet, throw them out and replace them with new ones? The past is gone, after we have learned the lessons we needed to learn, it is time to look forward to the many blessings God has yet in store for us. "Eye has not seen, no ear has heard,and no mind can imagine what God has prepared for those who love him." (2 Cor 2:9)