Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Can I Get a Witness?

So there I am last night minding my own business listening to the outdoor music and this guy walks up to me and starts talking. I recognized the guy from a previous meeting, but he didn't remember me. Anyway, we start chatting. One thing led to another and he mentions he is an agnostic studying buddhism.

"Here we go again," I'm thinking to myself. It seems I am in the habit of attracting buddhists, agnostics, atheists, and jews. I really don't know why that is, but it happens quite frequently.

So he asks me what my beliefs are. "Christian," I replied. "Well, to be more specific, I'm a follower of Jesus." There's that look again. Taking two steps back, he's still smiling and chatting. Anyway, in between talking about his recent divorce, his childhood, and our kids, we got into a long conversation about God, creation, life after death, Jesus, the whole nine yards, you know. He admitted he didn't know. He admitted he believes Jesus was a great philosopher. I gave him as many things to think about as I could throw at him. It was the Holy Spirit in action for sure.

After about 2 hours of this conversation, I realized it was way past my bedtime. The point I am making is we never know when God is going to send someone our way to witness to. Are you bold enough to speak about your faith? Do you take the time to engage in conversation with those who are lost or do you dismiss them? Jesus commands us to preach the Gospel to all nations and that means everybody, right? He came to heal the sick and seek the lost, right?

Today, will you be available for an opportunity to witness? Are you prepared to speak the truth to those who do not know Jesus? Like I said to the guy last night, I'm doing this for your eternal soul and because God loves you. How will you show the love of God to those who are hurting and lost today, dear one?