Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hearing From God - 1

Do you want to hear from God? Do you need guidance and direction in life? Are you searching for your purpose?

Well then, read on. In my upcoming book, I talk about all these, but today I want to talk about hearing from God.

Many of us want to hear from God. I know I do. From time to time, someone asks me "How do you hear from God?" or mentions that I seem to have a "good connection". How does one develop a "connection" with God?

Let me suggest that developing a connection with God is very similiar to developing a connection with someone down here on Earth and we all know how to do that, right? What's the first thing you do when you want to get to know someone? You spend time with them, of course.

Getting to know God works the same way. In order to learn to "hear" from God, we must get to know Him first by spending time with Him. There are way too many voices and choices out there clamoring for our attention and trying to distract us to prevent us from spending time with God.

Just like any new friendship or relationship, we must make a conscious choice to be with God so we can get to know Him. It might help to think of God as a person, instead of some nebulous force "out there yonder". God is closer than we think, and it really is not rocket science to learn to hear His voice.

Until next time, let me know how you spend time with God and in the meantime, keep looking up!