Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Monday, August 8, 2011

It's Always Something

Everyone is struggling these days. It's always something, isn't it? Either it's my job, my parents, my kids, my health, my car, my computer. I could go on. But - that's life. It will ALWAYS be something. Life was not meant to be picture perfect, I'm afraid.

Life is a series of challenges, obstacles, and trials to be dealt with, overcome, and learned from. As long as we are on this earth, there will always be something to deal with, so we might as well get used to it, right? If we expect things to go smoothly all the time, then we will surely be disappointed, frustrated, and discouraged. On the other hand, if we realize that trials and mishaps are normal, and things do go well, which they do at times, then we will be pleasantly surprised.

So, next time you get a flat tire, forget your keys, lose your wallet or your kid calls up with some crisis, just remember "It's always something, so I better get used to it." Take a deep breath, relax your shoulders and then tackle the problem calmly. I promise you that surrendering to whatever happens in life will bring you peace. As the saying goes, "There's nothing going to happen to today that God and I together can't handle."