Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Joy to the World

This is the third week of Advent and the focus is on the gift of Joy. Most people want to feel joyful this time of year, don't you think? But sometimes, joy is elusive. The pressures of the season, the job, the economy, relationship struggles, can all contribute to losing our joy. But let me tell you what I have discovered...

It all depends on where my focus lies. Am I focused on external circumstances? Other people or things that are out of my control? Or am I focused on who dwells within me? That, dear friends, is the key: who dwells within me.

One of the names for God is Emmanuel which means "God with us". If we remember this magnificent promise, we can maintain a joyful heart and attitude. God is with us and He is particularly close to those who are broken-hearted and crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18).

What is your focus on this week, dear one? Is it the cares of this world or the Light of the world? If you want more joy in your life, I encourage you to ponder in your heart, as Mary did so long ago, the wonder and majesty of the precious gift God gave us and welcome Him into your heart this season. Until next time, keep looking up and be of good cheer!