Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking Forward

As 2011 draws to an end and 2012 is peeking its nose in the door, I take time to reflect on the year that has for me, flown by. I look at the calendar and remember all the activities I participated in, the vacations I went on, the music I danced to, and the friends that came and went in my life.

Despite numerous undefined health issues, looking back, it was a great year. Loved ones found the Lord, healing took place, and goals were accomplished. I realized some things and I changed some thought patterns and habits. It was a year of growth for sure.

What will 2012 bring? Many wonder if the Mayan calendar is correct and the end of the world is near. Wars in the middle east, wars in families, economic failures and weather crises are on the news at every turn. Yet, what will my outlook be?

I choose to look forward to the New Year with all the gifts of Christmas in my heart: hope, peace, joy and love. I am expecting 2012 to be the best year yet in my life and in the lives of those I love. I am expecting good things to happen. "Call those things that be not as though they were" (Romans 4:17). I will speak positively and expect positive results and I will believe and trust in God, most of all.

What are you expecting in 2012? Will you look forward with anticipation and expectation? Will you step out in faith? Until next time, remember that the power of life and death is in the tongue (Prov. 18:21) and that God works all things for the good of those that love Him (Romans 8:28). Happy New Year and keep looking up!