Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Saturday, February 4, 2012

White as Snow

What an unexpected surprise this afternoon! Snow. It's so beautiful. I love watching the flakes float gently down from the sky and the blanket of white that slowly covers the rooftops. Snow always reminds me of my Heavenly Father's love, gentleness, and forgiveness.

Isaiah 1:18 says "Though your sins be like scarlet, I will make them white as snow."
It is a promise to me that no matter what I have done, or said, or how I have behaved the Lord's mercies are new everyday and he is more than willing to forgive me.

Psalm 103:12 says "as far as the east is from the west, so far he has removed our transgressions from us." The Lord holds nothing against me because He understands where I have come from and what I have gone through. He understands.

He knows my hurts, my sorrows, my errors in judgement and still He loves me - unconditionally. How great it is to feel the gentle arms of my Heavenly Father wrapped around me on a snowy afternoon. "I have loved you with an everlasting love" (Jer. 31:3).

The Lord wishes to cleanse us from all unrighteousness and he is faithful to complete the work he began in each of us. Snow is his reminder that although he is in the process of cleansing us, He still sees us through the eyes of love. And that, my friends, is how we need to see each other.
Until next time, keep the faith and keep looking up!