Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Monday, April 9, 2012

Daily Decisions Do Count

We all have choices to make in this life. Some decisions impact our lives for years to come such as: should I go to college, shall I marry this person, shall I change careers. These weightier decisions deserve a lot of thought as well as prayer.

Thankfully, these major decisions are not too frequent. But what about the many decisions we make on a day to day basis almost without thinking?

Today for example, I chose whether or not to go to the gym, what to eat for the day, what tasks to complete at work, whether I want to watch "Dancing with the Stars" or work on my writing. The small daily decisions I make, over time, do make a difference and the difference is major.

It is my daily choices that determine whether or not I will achieve my goals in life. If I want to maintain a certain weight, my food and exercise choices will help keep me there. If I want to keep my job, the way I spend my time will impact the quality of my work and if I want to have a decent income in retirement, I will need to watch my spending today.

It's one thing to have faith that my dreams will come to fruition, but I also have to take appropriate action to make them happen. The Bible says "Faith without works is dead." (James 2:26).

What decisions did you make today and how much thought did you give to them? Do you have a clear idea of the goals you want to achieve? I know it's time for me to revisit my goals, how about you? Drop me a note and let me know what goals you want to achieve and remember this passage from proverbs "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he" (Prov. 23:7).

Until next time, keep looking up!

Ariel