Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Much to Be Thankful For

Thanksgiving is less than a week away, and I feel so thankful today I can scarcely contain myself. I am overflowing with gratitude.

Yesterday, a close friend treated me to lunch yesterday to celebrate my birthday and lavished me with all sorts of thoughtful gifts. Now, being a gift-giver myself, I can tell you, thinking of what to buy someone is no easy task. She really put a lot of thought and effort into her gifts and each was a treasure, tailor made for moi!
She is a perfect example of God's love for each of us - extravagant and overflowing!

As I look around me this morning,I am in awe of my many blessings: the glorious colors of the fall leaves, the sunshine streaming into my home in the early morning, the quiet presence of the Lord, and the smells of fresh-baked muffins coming from my oven. My pantry is full of Thanksgiving items and the turkey awaits his great performance in my fridge. Truly God is gracious to me!

I just had to write again to encourage you to be grateful for the many blessings in your life, dear one. Good friends, good health, nice homes, and the peace we enjoy are priceless. Won't you take time today to offer up praise to God, the giver of all good gifts? 1 Thessalonians 5:18 exhorts us to give thanks. "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus."

Yes, dear friends, it is the will of God to give thanks. What are you thankful for today? Can you list 10 things? Will you give thanks and praise to God? And finally, as we give thanks, let's remember those who are less fortunate and show the love of God to them this season. "To whom who much has been given, much is required." (Luke 12:48).

Until next time, keep looking up!