Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Monday, January 7, 2013

I Have a Dream - 2013

Rick Warren on Goals, Energy, & Focus

It’s a whole new year. I am excited, are you? I am not content with the status quo. No sirree. I am a move forward kind of gal. Growth-oriented, you know? There’s always room for improvement and I love watching dreams come true.

Just last fall, a long time dream came true - I took a fabulous trip to South America! South America – I still find it hard to believe I actually got to visit Brazil and Argentina. How did this come about?

By setting goals. Yes, GOALS. Not the soccer kind of goal, like in Brazil, but the the kind that energize and move us forward in life.

Now I know many people say “Hog wash”. Well, take a look at their lives. Are they fruitful, productive, moving forward, financially stable, physically fit?  Do they have direction in their life or are they drifting along and not really sure what they want to do with their life? Are they HAPPY?

I am and always have been a firm believer in setting goals. Goals keep me focused. They motivate me to take action. They inspire me to challenge myself and press on. Goals give me hope for the future. Setting and achieving goals is exhilarating and rewarding.

Proverbs 29:18 states “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” How about that? Look at most successful companies. What do they all have? A vision statement! Yes, they want everyone to be on board with the direction they want to move in. A vision statement defines the values and direction of an organization and what it hopes to become.

What do you hope to become?  I challenge you to set some goals for 2013.  What is your dream?  Lose weight, get out of debt, eat more healthily, manage your temper? It can be done. If you have the courage to activate the power of faith, you can transform YOUR LIFE.

Until next time, make a list of the goals you would like to achieve in 2013 and as always,keep looking up!