Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Don't Wait for a Sign. Take a Step of Faith.

Seems like single guys and gals both have the same problem - how to read the signs that the person they are interested in is interested in them. This has long been an issue amongst my single friends, so I thought I'd share an anecdote about it, and do what I can to help the situation. I'm all for couples getting together and sometimes we shy folk, (yes, me included) have a bit of a time deciphering the signs. Now, I'm going to tell you up front, I'm going a bit out of my comfort zone with this post, so please do write and let me know your thoughts, ok?

This past Friday, I decided to go to the west coast swing dance. Most of you know that I love to dance, right?

Lord, please let me meet some new people tonight.

As I entered the ballroom, everyone was smiling and dancing, glad to release the cares of the week. The lights were dimmed and the rhythm of the music electrified the air.  I noticed a few new faces and smiled to myself.

Thank you, Lord. I see some new people here.

It wasn't long before one of the new faces asks me to dance and to be honest, he was quite the dancer. Cute, too and plus, he made me laugh. I'm starting to feel something.

So the second time he asks me to dance, he starts telling me how hard it is for guys to know when a woman is interested. My ears perk up. Then he shares that he only gets phone numbers from women he isn't interested in. Now I start to chuckle.

Hmmmm. Funny I feel the same way.

"Well, I have to tell you, we women have the same problem. And I will admit, I have been told I need to send louder signals." We both smiled at the absurdity of it all and decided to enjoy the fun of the evening.

As I thought about the conversation on the way home, I analyzed why men are so afraid to ask. I think it basically boils down to two fears:
1)  the whole fear of rejection thing
2)  the 'She's not interested in me'  mentality

Both of which stem from a basic lack of - dare I say - faith. You knew I was bringing it around now, didn't you?

Luke 11:9 puts it this way "Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Knock and the door shall be opened to you." This is a promise, kind of like an if-then statement for all my techie friends. If we ask in faith, God promises to answer. It's a fact. This verse has been tested by yours truly over and over, so trust me, it does work.

Somehow many of us have a hard time asking for what we want. We feel we are unworthy. Or God is too busy to answer our prayer. Or some other lack of faith excuse. Just as we women want you guys to ask, God wants us to ask. How much more of a sign do you need?

Lastly, consider this: if we don't have the courage to step out in faith and ask, the answer will always be no. So what will you do next time? Will you still be looking for a sign? Or will you take a step of faith and ask?

Hoping this post encourages some of you to have a bit more faith, and to step out of your comfort zone. What situation are you hesitant about? Asking for a raise? A date? More time with your beloved?

If you'd like to join our growing community and receive a copy of my free guide entitled " 7 Steps to Finding Your Spiritual Path" please enter your email address in the box provided.  

 Until next time, keep looking up.

Ariel Paz





No comments:

Post a Comment