Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Thursday, April 17, 2014

How 's Your Vision?

Sometimes our vision does get distorted, doesn't it? We think we are seeing the signs clearly and interpreting them properly. We judge by what we see or rather what we think we see.  Not always true. We tend to see people and situations through the lenses of our own experiences and fears and not the way God sees them. God sees us thru the eyes of Christ: pure, holy, and unblemished. He knows what He has allowed each of us to be born into and the reason why. He says we are each wonderfully and fearfully made (Ps. 139:14) and He created our innermost being. What we see as flaws in ourselves and others, God sees as tools for His glory. 

We all have a vision, yes? We have dreams, plans, and goals. We think we know where we're headed. We think we are doing all the right things to get there and make it happen and then, whammo - we get blindsided.  Something out of the blue shows up and we don't know what to think or do. That's when it's time to revisit the Great Eye Doctor.

This week I went to see a neurovascular ophthalmologist. Personally, I had never heard of one before, but I follow doctors's orders and went thru all kinds of visions and screenings as I have been having some vision distortions and headaches recently. They had quite the technology let me tell you.

Like beauty, reality is in the eye of the beholder. How we view the world and others is how the world sees us. Thankfully, this is not how God sees us. We tend to see the faults of others very quickly, but we are blind to our own. Jesus says "You hypocrite. First take the log out of your own eye and then you will see well enough to take the speck out of your brother's eye." (Matthew 7:5)

What is your life's mission? What vision do you have for your life? Is it in sync with God's will for you and have you run it by Him lately? Is it time for you to have an eye exam? Now and then we all need to update our spiritual glasses or even trade them in for new ones. God never holds anything against us nor should we. His policy is "forgive, forget and move forward."

My vision is to glorify God in all I say and do and think. One of my favorite life verses is "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you, oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." (Ps. 19:14). No, I am not perfect at it and sometimes I need to reframe my perspective as well, but I am continually open to God's refining fires.

What about you, dear one? God is still in the process of restoring our vision. He always sees us thru rose-colored glasses. When we put on our spiritual spectacles, we will begin to see ourselves and others as He does. Our vision will become clear once again and we will start to see the miracles that are all around us and in each other. Like the song goes, "Once I was blind, but now I see."

Today is the day and now is the time. God only wants the best for his children so I encourage you to take a leap of faith and step into God's vision for your life. You will be amazed!

Until next time, keep looking up and you may see the stars!