Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Thursday, September 15, 2016

What Parents and Dog Owners Already Know

Parents and dog owners know this already. When we ask our child to take out the trash, do their homework, or help tidy the kitchen and they willing cooperate, what happens? They get a reward, right? We smile and give them praise, a star on their chores chart, and maybe even dessert.

When cute little Fido or Fifi poops outside or comes when we call them, what happens next?
They get a treat, right? There is something to be said for immediate obedience, isn't there?


When we love someone, we want to do what they ask us to do. I know as a mom, it makes me happy when my children obey me without hesitation. I love it even more when they do it without me asking them.

Consider this. God likes immediate obedience even more. What do you think would have happened if Mary had said "It's not a good time right now," when the angel told her she was going to be pregnant with the son of God? What about if Jesus had said "I don't feel like it" when it was time to go to the cross? God is looking for people who will respond in immediate obedience.

Jesus feels the same way. In fact he says in John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command." He also promises us a blessing in Luke11:28 "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

But we humans have a tendency to make excuses and put things off, don't we?

When I put off things God has told me to do, I get that nagging feeling that keeps me from being at rest in my spirit. I can't seem to move forward in the other areas of my life. It's like God is saying "Take care of this first and then I'll show you the next thing." Many of us want to be blessed by God, but we don't want to follow His directions.


Do you ever get that nagging feeling? Ever feel like you want to move forward but for some reason you are being held back? Could it be that God has asked you to do something you have not yet done? If you think about it for a bit, I'm sure God will reveal it to you.

If you enjoyed this post, please click on the like button, share with a friend or leave a comment. If you'd like a copy of my free e-guide entitled "7 Steps to Finding Your Spiritual Path" please enter your email address in the box provided.

Until next time, keep looking up!

Ariel Paz














No comments:

Post a Comment