Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Thursday, May 3, 2018

How to Receive the Promises of God - Part 2

What is it you would like to see show up in your life? A spouse? A child? A new job? How would you like to show up today? More peaceful? Patient? Less frustrated? More joyful?

Last time, we talked about our expectations. What we expect in life is what becomes our reality. If we want good things to show up, we need to change our thinking to expect that they will show up in the right way and in the right time. Today, I am going to share the second key to receiving the promises of God.

As a single mom raising two teenage sons, life was quite a challenge. I had to deal with rebellion, addictions, cutting school, the police, expulsion, DUIs, alcohol, smoking... well, you get the idea. Through it all, I was a praying mom. Isn't it interesting how we don't usually call on God till we get in a pickle?

Now you know I am a firm believer in the power of prayer, but let's not stop there. There is one more weapon in our arsenal against things that try to come against us and that is OUR VOICE. First, we need to become comfortable with praying out loud. That's right. Not the meek quiet whisper some of us are used to. We need to speak out boldly and confidently. Here's a story that happened just today.

My sister and I were on the phone with the real estate agent who is trying to sell my mom's house. Let's just say there has been a tremendous amount of strife the past year between my mom and my sister. After not being around each other for forty years, living together is quite the adjustment. After going through all the different issues, sans Mom, who decided she was not participating, the real estate agent launches into prayer - not some lengthy, preachy-type prayer, but prayer just the same. I was like "Now, why haven't I thought of that?" She closed "In Jesus' name, amen." Poof! Powerful! The change in the atmosphere was palpable.

That's what I'm talking about using our voice. When we declare God's word out loud, God's ears perk up. All of heaven comes to attention (Rev 8:1-4).There is power in the Word of God. Instead of the usual "I'll never lose this weight" how about "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil 4:13). Instead of "I'm so tired, I don't know how I'll get through this day" try "The joy of the Lord is my strength" (Neh 8:10). Instead of "I'll never break this addiction" declare "Who the Son sets free is free indeed," (John 8:36).

Not only will our thinking be transformed, our faith will be strengthened and God will come to our assistance and work the supernatural. Give it a try and see what happens. You will be amazed AND transformed.

Now you know the first two keys to receiving God's promises. Stay tuned for next time when we'll discuss the third and final key.

If this post was helpful, consider joining our community. Enter your email address in the box provided. You'll receive my bi-weekly posts and a copy of my free eguide "7 Steps to Finding Your Spiritual Path". 

Until next time, keep looking up!

Ariel Paz 

No comments:

Post a Comment