Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

3 Ways to Reconnect with the Divine

We are all on a spiritual journey, whether we realize it or not. We were made to seek and know our Higher Power, the Divine, God, or whatever name you want to use. The problem is since many people have been turned off by organized religion, wounded by churches, priests, fathers, and past experiences. I wonder how many people read the Bible these days. Because of this, many of us don't have a clear path on how to connect to the Divine and we lack the courage and faith we need in the challenging world we live in. So this week I am sharing some ways I have found to connect with my Spiritual Power and strengthen my spiritual muscle. Give a read. 

1. The Word of God 
First, let me say this. I believe the clearest and most direct way to know and connect with the Divine is through reading the Bible. Even though the Bible is 2700 years old, human nature has not changed. The need for guidance has not changed and neither has the need for comfort, assurance, and consolation changed. All of these can be found in the Bible. There are many translations out there and you can easily check which you prefer by visiting this website

Whenever I had a big decision to make, I go straight to the Bible. The book of Proverbs is a good place to find wisdom about all sorts of important topics. Sure you can go talk to a bunch of friends, but you have no assurance that their "wisdom" will be what you need. Other times, I think of situations in the Bible and apply what God said about it to my circumstance. It gives me peace and guides me to making wise decisions. For more on making wise decisions, enter "decisions" in the search box on my blog.

2. Prayer and Meditation 
As I've stated in my previous posts, prayer is talking to God and meditation is listening. Both of these activities are helpful in connecting with the Divine. 

Prayer is powerful and it is even more powerful when we infuse it with scripture. There is supernatural power in prayer. The Lord is required to fulfill his word so when we quote scripture back to him it does many things. Read about the importance of praying scripture here. 

Meditation is listening to God. With our hectic schedules, how often do we make time to just be still and get quiet? This is when we can hear that still small voice inside. There are many benefits to a regular meditation practice. To learn more about meditation, its benefits, and how to do it, read my posts on it here

3. Journaling
I have been journaling most of my life. It helps me process the events of the day, connect with my emotions, reduces stress, and much more. Did you know it has been scientifically proven that journaling can also help boost the immune system and decrease the symptoms of chronic ailments such as arthritis, asthma and other health conditions? Read this article for more. 

The key to journaling is to get your feelings out on paper. Many people, including myself, have a hard time expressing their feelings. Journaling is a good start. The next step is to communicate them to others. Journaling also helps us to identify habits and unhealthy behaviors and their triggers. I have used it to help me manage migraine and break bad habits. 

For Reflection:
Getting to know God is not as scary or as difficult as it may seem. These three activities are a great start. Which one will you pick today? Write and let us know and why you chose that. 

I hope you enjoyed this post. If so pass it on to a friend who could benefit. To join our community and receive my weekly posts simply enter your email on the pop up page or in the space provided on this site. You'll also receive a copy my free e-guide entitled "7 Steps to Finding Your Spiritual Path". 

Until next time, I wish you peace and stillness and remember...

Keep looking up!

Ariel Paz 





No comments:

Post a Comment