Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Thursday, January 21, 2010

In Tough Times

We all go through tough times: times when we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, when we don't understand how we even got there, and when God seems so distant.

It is in those times, that I cling to God all the more tightly. I press in. I want understanding. I want to hear what God is trying to say to me. "Lord, show me what I have done wrong. Teach me what you want me to learn through this situation. Forgive me. Have mercy on me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness," is my prayer.

Amidst the darkness and in the valleys of life, the Lord is always with us. He promises he will never leave us or forsake us (Joshua 1:5). He will walk with us through the valleys."Yea though I shall walk through the valley of the shadow of death, Thou art with me," (Psalm 23:4).

When you are going through tough times, hold on to the Lord, our Protector, our Mighty Fortress, our Rock. Remember his promises, and look forward to His reward. "Instead of shame and dishonor, you will enjoy a double portion of honor. You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land and everlasting joy will be yours." (Isaiah 61:7)

1 comment: