Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Is it Sunny?

What's the weather going to be like today? Are you ready for the next snow? These are some of the questions I have been asked quite frequently lately. Very understandable as we have had history and record breaking snow fall so far this year in Baltimore, last I heard over 80 inches.

Today the sun is out and the snow is white and beautiful. The roads are pretty much clear and everyone is going about their business as usual.

So, my question today is how does the weather affect your mood, disposition, and outlook? Do you get up, take one look at the snow, rain, clouds, whatever and get depressed? Does the weather set your tone for your entire day or week?

I agree, it is nice to see the sun. Something about the sunshine energizes me. I like to believe it's God's power shining down on His children.

However, I don't use the fact that the sun is not out as an excuse to waste my day. Each day is a gift, that's why they call it "the present". Life is too short to waste one minute of it as far as I'm concerned. We are called to be good stewards of our time. In fact, hanging in my office is a framed photo of a sunrise over the beach shoreline with the verse from Psalm 118:24 that says "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." as a reminder to choose to rejoice each and every day that the Lord gives me.

There is always something positive we can rejoice about, so next time the weather starts to get you down and out, let the joy of the Lord be your strength and go out and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment