Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Sunday, July 22, 2018

God's Mercies are New Everyday




Spring has sprung and the blossoms are blooming. New life is all around us. Seeing the sun burst through my windows in the morning fills me with joy. To me, it's like God is saying "Good morning, I love you."

Each morning reminds me that God's mercies are new every day. God forgives me for my sins of yesterday. So I need to forgive myself for my misdeeds and words. I ask Jesus to help me to do better today. Then I forgive others for whatever hurts they may have caused me. The prayer of Jabez coin on my dresser reminds me to "not cause pain to others." James 1:19 says "Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry." This is simple but powerful advice on how to stay out of trouble.

Each of us is doing the best we can and we are all at different places in our spiritual journey. It is only by God's great grace that I am able to do what He has called me to do and that is to be an encouragement to others. Every day God gives us is a gift of new life; a chance to do things better and a chance to enjoy life more.

Today, dear one, will you receive the new life Jesus has to offer? I encourage you to enjoy your day, your life, and trust God to give you breakthrough in His timing. In the meantime, go out and be a blessing to someone else and let the joy of the Lord be your strength!

Ariel  Paz

No comments:

Post a Comment