Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

4 Keys to Combat Stress

How do you feel right now? Are you joyful? Calm? Excited? Tired? Depressed? Angry? Stressed? Do you go around with a smile on your face or a frown? Do you feel energized, motivated, fully alive?

These are questions I've learned to ask myself on a regular basis because my emotions are directly related to my levels of peace, joy, and energy. Who among us would not like to have more of all of these? People have always asked me where I get all my energy and they got me to thinking. Where does our energy come from?

After reading many books, I learned that several factors contribute to our energy level. Did I get enough sleep last night? Have I been eating well and by well, I mean, healthy, ok? Am I drinking my water? Exercising? These are all important factors, however, I have noticed that other things impact my energy level even more and they are my feelings and emotions . When I am tired, stressed or upset about something, my energy level drops dramatically. I feel lethargic and unmotivated.



Stress affects each person differently and we each have different tolerance levels. I can always tell when certain people are stressed. Controllers get more controlling. Feelers get more emotional and avoidants distance themselves and run from the situation. When we realize what the root cause of our stress is, we can learn to view circumstances and situations differently. The cause can be summed up in one word - FEAR.

Think about it. When you are stressed, ask yourself this question "What am I afraid of?" I'll bet you come up with something if you think it through. For example, when job tensions arise, we may think "I'm going to lose my job". When relationship tensions occur, we may think "He/she doesn't love me." These are all irrational fears that play havoc with our emotions and cause us undue stress and then our personality stress dysfunction kicks into gear. But there are some steps we can take to better cope with these negative feelings.

Here are a few simple steps to follow:
1) Realize what I'm feeling
2) Examine the fear behind my feelings
3) Decide when to express my feelings (repression is unhealthy, btw)
4) Take action - journal, talk it out, pray.

But the very best way to have more energy, peace, and joy in our lives is by activating the power of faith. That's right. Faith is the opposite of fear. In any given situation, there are two ways to look at it. I choose to consciously look at the positive side. In short, I try not to let my fears and circumstances get the best of me. I may have to dig deep, but there is, as they say, "always a silver lining". I know that God, yes, God, is on my side and He is looking out for me. ALWAYS. He always has the best in store for me and for you too!

By choosing an attitude of faith rather than fear, I am more at peace. I have more joy, and consequently, I have more energy. So there you have it - the full equation. If you want to have more energy and live a charged life, start living by faith instead of fear. Stop letting your circumstances get the better of you, keep you down, and prevent you from living the life of your dreams.

In closing, I'll share one of my very favorite verses which is Romans 8:31 which says "If God is for us, who can stand against us?" Good question, yes?

If you enjoyed this post and would like to join our community, enter your email address in the box provided. You'll receive my bi-weekly posts and a copy of my free eguide "7 Steps to Finding Your Spiritual Path". 

Stay tuned for more positive and practical wisdom to help you achieve healing, wholeness, harmony and health.

Until next time, keep the faith and keep looking up!

Ariel Paz













No comments:

Post a Comment