Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Ignite the Power Within Step 5: What to Do When Life Doesn't Make Sense

Ever feel like you don't understand life? Why good people die? Why tragedies occur?   Why prayers go unanswered? Why we have to suffer? Most of us struggle with these questions.

I'm sure many felt that way on Sept. 11, 2001 when their lives were suddenly turned upside down by the impact of the terrorist bombings in New York, Pennsylvania, & Washington, DC. Loved ones said goodbye to their spouses never to kiss them again. Husbands were killed in the line of duty saving others. The stories are too many to list here, but I'm sure many asked these tough questions.

Perhaps some of you may be like me - I want to know why.  I want to find meaning. Friends tell me I'm a deep thinker and maybe that's true, but it can be frustrating trying to find answers to these tough questions.

Sometimes we go through times we don't understand. I went through a season a few winters ago when everything in my life hit the fan. Ever have that happen to you? We wonder why all these bad things are happening at once. We cry out "Abba, Father, help me", in desperation and in sorrow, and our voice seems to echo in the stillness.

The answer came when I turned to the words of Scripture. Who in the Bible suffered a lot?
Job of course.
So I began to read the book of Job when I came across this verse,
"Shall we accept only good from God and not also adversity and disaster?" (Job:2:10)
It struck me. This is life. Learn to accept it. We will not always understand everything that happens to us.

The reality is suffering and happiness go hand in hand. Life will not always be a bed of roses, nor will it always be trials and tribulations. This is the human experience. Having read much on the topic of suffering, the message from many traditions and belief systems is the same, learn to accept it.

What trial or tragedy are you going through? Have you lost hope? Faith? Joy?

Keep on trusting God. He will make a way where there seems to be no way. He will make your path straight. If we are faithful and obedient, we will arrive at the Promised Land of our dreams although we may not get there the way we expected. And we can be sure there will be suffering along the way.

Stay tuned for more positive and practical wisdom to help us all find healing, wholeness, health, and harmony!

 Until next time, keep looking up and do write and let me know your thoughts.


Ariel Paz








No comments:

Post a Comment