Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

What's Keeping You From More Joy?

How satisfied are you with your life? What is it you wish was different? We all have areas for growth and that is what this blog is all about. If you're a growth person, which I am sure you are, there's always something new we look forward to, but sometimes, something holds us back from going after that dream, that goal, that relationship, that new thing. In today's post, we're going to face that thing that is holding us back. 

Personal Story 
Yesterday, I had lunch with a new friend. She seems to have a melancholy spirit about her that I can't quite put my finger on. She's unhappy with her house and her job, I know that. She lives in the same neighborhood where I used to live, in a townhome. It's quite a cute place actually and centrally located, but sometimes we outgrow our environment and then it is time for a change.  I think this is what she is feeling, but she is letting something hold her back and I can guess what it is. We feel it is time for a change in our spirit, but something holds us back and that something is a four-letter word, fear.  



So I shared my house-decision story with her. I had always wanted to live in a condo, like my uncle had in Manhattan. He had a great view of the city and it was right in the heart of town. When I saw the ad in the papers for the development near me, I was filled with excitement but doubt told me "You can't afford that,". So I went back to painting my dining room when I felt the Holy Spirit tell me to "Go see the condo".

Long story short, you can read all about it in my book, "The Power of Faith", I worked with my financial advisor who had some creative income ideas, and I decided to take a step of faith. No more shoveling snow in the winter or fighting for a parking space. No more irresponsible neighbors who let their trees and bushes grow into my yard. No more yardwork. The list goes on, but basically, I was looking for more peace and tranquility in my life and less aggravation. God rewards us when we seek peace and when we step out in faith. 

That decision has brought me so much joy and happiness.  I love my home. It's spacious and airy.  I can watch the sunrise through the windows and it's like God is saying "Good morning".  I sit out on my balcony, sipping my cappucino and enjoying the joyful conversations of the birds. Listening to their happy chirping makes me happy. My home is an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the world, the traffic, the noise, and the commotion. And all because I took a step of faith towards my dream! Big dreams require big faith.

For Reflection 
What about you? What area of life do you have strife and stress? What would you change if you could? Have you put off taking action because of doubt and fear? Don't let these two enemies steal the joy God wants you to have. If we want more joy, we have to take steps of faith. God will do the rest.

If this post resonated with you, consider joining our community. Enter your email address in the box provided and you'll receive a copy of my free e-guide "7 Steps to Finding Your Spiritual Path". You'll also receive my weekly posts. Would love to hear from you.

Stay tuned for more positive and practical wisdom to help you ignite the power within and discover YOUR destiny!

Until next time, keep looking up!


Ariel Paz 

No comments:

Post a Comment