Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Why God Why?

Ever wonder why God allows us to go through some things in life? Painful things, hurtful relationships, financial and job woes? Do you, like me, ask "Why, God, why?"

Sometimes God is silent.

I know He hears my cries, but I don't hear his answer for some reason. Again, I cry out "Why, God, why?"

And again - silence.

It is at times like these that I draw strength and hope from the truth of God's word and His promises. "I will never leave you or forsake you. "(Joshua 1:4-6). "I will lead you beside still waters."(Ps. 23:2) He doesn't say I will always feel his presence, does it? It is an act of my faith to trust that He is near. Psalm 34:18 says "The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and those who are crushed in spirit." How much more intimate can you get?

So today, beloved, if you are crushed in spirit, draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Although we may not get our answers when we would like, we know that the Lord is working all things for our good. We may understand at some future time, perhaps when the storm has passed and we are able to see more clearly God's hand in our lives.

Reach out to a friend in need. Offer words of encouragement and be a blessing. The Lord is mighty to save!

1 comment:

  1. "Reach out to a friend in need." Good advice. It may be that God's answer to someone's prayer for help is our response to them!

    ReplyDelete