Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Valentine

Today is Valentine's Day. Some people don't really care about this holiday. They think it's no big deal and just another reason to spend money on chocolate and flowers. Frivolous, they scoff.

For me, Valentine's Day is a very special day. My first husband proposed to me on Valentine's Day many years ago. I have always given Valentine's cards and gifts to others to let them know how much I love them. Even at work, I would drop a small Valentine off at coworkers' cubicles. It made me smile to think of them seeing it. Doesn't everyone need to be reminded that they are loved?

But today, as a single person, I still have a special Valentine. His name is Jesus. He loves me more than any human being ever could. He always listens, always understands, and is always to there to comfort me when I'm down. He is the lover of my soul and my protector.

So, too, beloved, Jesus is your Valentine. He loves you more than you will ever know. He knows your innermost thoughts and He knows the desires of your heart. If you are single today, fret not. Know that God is watching over you and is preparing your special someone just as He is preparing you. If you are married, show your spouse how much you love them in whatever way they need to receive it.

It's only one day a year, but to me, Valentine's Day should be everyday! Everybody does need to be reminded that they are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment