Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Do You Know What Faith Is?

There are lots of ideas out there these days about faith. What is it exactly? Where does it come from? How can you make it work for you?

Webster’s dictionary defines faith as a firm belief in something for which there is no proof and as “a belief and trust in and loyalty to God.” Faith is the positive belief that everything will turn out for the best, even when things seem hopeless. The Bible says that “Faith is being sure of the things we hope for but have not yet seen” (Hebrews 11:1).



The key here, I think, is to ask ourselves the question "What do I put my faith in?" Am I putting my faith in my job, my abilities, my strengths, or in something or someone higher and stronger? Eventually, we all come to the end of ourselves when we realize we cannot make some things happen on our own; that is when the revelation comes in that there must be a greater power out there in the universe that is in total control and totally loves us. It is what the 12-Step folks refer to as 2nd Step: "We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."

I call this higher power God. I believe that if we put our faith and our trust in God, He will take care of us and see us through any storm in our lives. God is faithful. He is more than able to take care of any situation that arises and in fact, He allows many situations to arise to test our faith and to increase it. I don't know about you, but I feel better knowing that there is a God out there who cares about me and who only wants the best for me.

For Reflection
What do you have faith in, dear one? Are you putting your faith in something solid or something that can be washed away when the storms of life hit? Today I encourage you to give God a try. He will prove himself faithful to you.

Stay tuned for more on how to ignite the power with and discover YOUR destiny!

Until next time, keep looking up!

Ariel Paz 

No comments:

Post a Comment