Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Monday, April 8, 2024

How to Transform Your Life

Spring is officially here and it's a great time to declutter. Let's face it. Most of us have too much - too much stuff, too many projects, too much activity. If we are honest with ourselves, we will admit it. We pack too much into every minute, every day. As a result, we end up stressed and overwhelmed. We don't get enough sleep and our immune system falters. Then we get sick. We neglect our relationships, our bodies, and our spiritual growth. Spring reminds us there is always another opportunity to start anew, to grow, and to blossom. 



It's Not Totally Our Fault
We live in a non-stop world. The pace is frenetic and the world constantly barrages us with news, noise, and negativity. It's too easy to get sucked up in the whirlpool of it all; a downward spiral of never ending things to do, places to go, and stuff to take care of resulting in constant frenetic activity, exhaustion, and very little rest, reflection or true relaxation.

There is an Answer
I know you've heard this phrase, and it is applicable to so many areas of our lives but it seems to have disappeared from mainstream society, especially here in the United States. One principle that we all know but often forget to implement and it is this: keep it simple. 
                                      
Start With the Basics 
Like your wardrobe. Is your closet packed so full you really don't know what you have in there? Time to get rid of some stuff. What haven't you worn in the past year? What don't you feel good in? What makes you look fat, old, or dated? Chuck it - give it to a friend, Goodwill, or a shelter.

Next move on to your house. Same idea. Start with one room at a time.  How about the kitchen, the fridge, and the pots and pans? Every year around early spring, I get this urge to clean and declutter. I am very selective before I buy anything that is going to sit on my kitchen counter or that has only one use. 

Recent Personal Experience
I have been looking for a new toaster oven. Mine is over 10 years old. Does it still work? Yes but it looks a bit ratty. So on a recent shopping excursion to Costco (one of my fav places), I spied a spiffy shiny multi-purpose toaster/air fry oven. 

Well, I got it home (and bruised my arm because it was so heavy). Unpacked all the various pieces for the different functions, and set it on my kitchen counter. It was too big to fit in a cabinet. I read the cookbook that came with it to see what all it could make. Not impressed. I already have an air fryer setting in my new GE oven. 

Well, long story short. I woke up the next day and saw this big black appliance taking up space on my kitchen counter and thought "Nope, it's too big. It's going back to Costco" and that was that. 

Do You Really Need It?
If we want to declutter our space and our life, we have to get really clear on our priorities. What is truly important? Do you really need all those items to clean, dust, and insure? When was the last time you used whatever? My criteria is if I don't love it, I chuck it. Ok, I get it. Some things have sentimental value. Keep one or two and donate the rest. Live in today instead of the past. Today is a gift, that is why they call it the present. Enjoy it.

Clutter Hinders our focus. 
I can't stand clutter. It smothers me. I need space and light. Stuff seems to multiply like rabbits: gifts from friends we don't need, use, or want, old items we are saving for some sentimental reason, books, records, and photo albums we rarely even look at or listen to. Live in the present and have done with old stuff from the past. Chances are pretty darn good your kids or your relatives aren't going to want anything old you may be saving anyway.

Look at Jesus. 

How much stuff did he have? Did he have to schedule everything in a calendar? He made time for people, healing, and speaking words of faith, forgiveness, and encouragement. When we are ruled by the stuff of this world, what time do we have for the things that really matter? Things that will last into eternity? "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matt 6:33). 

When we declutter our lives and get rid of stuff that no longer bears fruit or serves us, we make room for God to bring in something new. Like preparing for the birth of a new baby, we must make space for the new if we want to grow and move forward in life. 

For Reflection
What are you holding on to that no longer serves its purpose? It may be material possessions but it could also be old patterns of thinking that clutter our mind and prevent us from seeing life in new ways. Simplify your life and see what new thing shows up. I can't wait to hear from you!

If you enjoyed this post and would like a little help prioritizing your life while having fun at the same time, check out my ebook entitled "Take Back Your Life: 5 Keys to Reclaiming Your Personal Power."  Life can be simplified so you can have more peace, more power, and more joy. And when those extra challenges come up, you won't get so stressed out because you have your priorities straight. Order your copy today at your favorite online bookseller. 

I do hope you will join our growth-oriented community. Just enter your email address in the box provided. You'll receive my weekly newsletter plus a copy of my free e-guide entitled "7 Steps to Finding Your Spiritual Path". 

And, pop on over to Pinterest and check out all the tips, ideas, and recipes I have curated for you. And if you are looking for a new read, check out my books available at most of your online booksellers. 

Stay tuned for more positive and practical wisdom to help you ignite the power within and discover YOUR DESTINY!

Until next time, keep looking up!

Ariel Paz

All rights reserved. If you'd like to use this material, please contact me at arielpaz08@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment