Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Ignite the Power Within Step 2: 5 Ways to Enjoy a Life Without Limits


There’s a lot of talk these days about living the abundant life. What does that really mean though – “the abundant life”? Does it mean having a million dollars? Finding the perfect mate? Living a life of ease and pleasure? A single friend who is going through a rough time, said to me the other day “I just want the abundant life.”  Having recently been through some very challenging circumstances myself, I have pondered the concept of the abundant life and so I thought I’d share the answer that came to me. It might surprise you as it did me.

Life can be rough at times and the seasons can seem like an eternity. Singles have it particularly tough as there is no one beside them to help carry the load.  Many singles have a tendency to try to go it alone, but, as I encouraged my friend, we all need someone.  No man (or woman) is an island.

When we start to feel down in the dumps, it helps to think about those who are less fortunate. We all know people living in dire circumstances, working at a menial job,  who still have a smile on their face and a spring in their step. Nick Vujicic is one of several paraplegics in wheelchairs who are great contributors to society, travel the world, and speak to thousands. He has no limbs. No arms and no legs. Imagine what his life must have been like at the beginning. 


Take a look at this video see what this man has endured and what he has become. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=nick+vujicic+life+without+limbs+video&FORM=VIRE5#view=detail&mid=DFD399391E38C99F29E1DFD399391E38C99F29E1


If it is possible for people in these circumstances to be joyful, content, and productive, could it be that the abundant life has more to do with our perspective rather than our circumstances?
Jesus said “I have come so that you may have life and have it more abundantly,” (John 10:10). I believe that to mean he came so we can live a life of healing, wholeness, and harmony.  Times of adversity are allowed into our lives for a purpose: to strengthen us, to teach us, and to heal us emotionally and spiritually. We are then free to follow our dreams and discover our destiny.
When the flames of adversity seem to engulf us on every side, we have a choice to make. We can either become angry, bitter, and resentful or we can ask ourselves this question: “What am I supposed to be learning here?”  Yes, I know the tendency is to want to point the finger at other people: what they are doing wrong, how insensitive they are, why they don’t make more time for us, ya da ya da. But when we expend all our energy focusing on other people’s issues, we don’t have any left to focus on ours. I don’t know about you, but I want to learn the lesson so I don’t have to repeat the grade.

When we ask the question “What am I supposed to be learning here?” be prepared to take a good hard look in the mirror. The reflection may not be so pretty. 

The key to breaking the cycle is:
1) to surrender to/accept what is and 
2) to learn whatever lessons are being presented


It is up to us whether or not we choose to learn those lessons. We can be stubborn and refuse to change in which case, we will keep getting the lesson over and over again. Or we can push our egos out of the way, make whatever changes we need to make and move forward in life. I believe life is about the growth and development of our souls and trials have a purpose which is to purify us, to grow us up and to remove the imperfections in our minds and make us whole. 


It is possible to live the abundant life, no matter what our circumstances may be.  When we learn to view trials as stepping stones to a better tomorrow, they will be less difficult to endure. When we understand that there is a purpose to the pain, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
To summarize, here are a few techniques I’ve learned over the years that have helped me to live an abundant life, despite trying circumstances and I know they will help you too:
  1. Learn to be thankful for our blessings and also for the trials and difficulties we encounter.
  2. Live to give. Find some way to give back, sow a seed, help someone else. This is a main reason why I have been writing these blog posts all these years. It is my small way to give back. 
  3. Expect victory. Know that God is on our side and He is faithful to bring us through every situation  better, stronger, and more aware than we were before.
  4.  Keep our joy. When we lose our joy, we lose our strength to persevere. God is the source of our  joy and when we keep our focus on him, we can be joyful  even during the trials of life.
  5. Look for the good. I believe there is always a positive outcome from negative circumstances. When we change our perspective and put on our spiritual glasses, we will see it.
If this post has helped you in some way, please leave a comment below. It means a lot to me to hear from you. If you'd like to join our blog community, enter your email address in the box provided. I will send you out a copy of my free e-guide entitled "7 Steps to Finding Your Spiritual Path".  And if you know someone who needs a lift, do send them the link to this page.
Until next time, stay tuned for more on how to ignite the power within and remember, 

Keep looking up!



Ariel







No comments:

Post a Comment