When we ask the question “What am I supposed to be learning here?” be prepared to take a good hard look in the mirror. The reflection may not be so pretty.
The key to breaking the cycle is:
1) to surrender to/accept what is and
2) to learn whatever lessons are being presented
It is up to us whether or not we choose to learn those lessons. We can be stubborn and refuse to change in which case, we will keep getting the lesson over and over again. Or we can push our egos out of the way, make whatever changes we need to make and move forward in life. I believe life is about the growth and development of our souls and trials have a purpose which is to purify us, to grow us up and to remove the imperfections in our minds and make us whole.
- Learn to be thankful for our blessings and also for the trials and difficulties we encounter.
- Live to give. Find some way to give back, sow a seed, help someone else. This is a main reason why I have been writing these blog posts all these years. It is my small way to give back.
- Expect victory. Know that God is on our side and He is faithful to bring us through every situation better, stronger, and more aware than we were before.
- Keep our joy. When we lose our joy, we lose our strength to persevere. God is the source of our joy and when we keep our focus on him, we can be joyful even during the trials of life.
- Look for the good. I believe there is always a positive outcome from negative circumstances. When we change our perspective and put on our spiritual glasses, we will see it.
Keep looking up!