Journey to Faith

Journey to Faith
Follow your own path

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Tapping to Release Stored Emotions

Have you heard of EFT? Emotional Freedom Technique? While we are talking about healing and health this month, I find it "interesting" that I have come across an online summit on this amazingly powerful technique.

I first heard about EFT several years ago when I was going to a chirporacter for low back pain. I forgot about it for several years as I was focusing on dealing with the chronic migraines I'd suffered from for years which had come to a crescendo during my menopausal transition stage. I realized that emotions play a huge role in our physical as well as mental health. 

As we know we are body, mind, and spirit. Each part is connected to the others. When one part is injured, it affects the other parts. When one part of this trio is out of balance, it affects the others. This is what I mean by "wholeness", having health, harmony, and balance in all three areas.

So today I am sharing on this simple but effective technique called EFT also known as tapping. Tapping is a simple process we can use to identify and resolve negative emotions, events, and beliefs that get stored in our body. Yes, when we go through emotionally traumatic events, these negative emotions and beliefs get stored in the tissues and fascia of our bodies which is why we often have muscle and joint aches and pains that we can't seem to get rid of. If we dig deep enough, we will find an emotional root that needs to be identified and then healed.


So what is tapping exactly and how does it work?

In a similiar way that acupuncture works on the meridians of the body, tapping does too. The meridians are the energy channels through which the qi or life force flows. When a blockage occurs, the result is a physical symptom. Learn more about meridians here.

To give you a personal example of why this works, I'll share my experience with acupuncture, emotions, and organs.

Several years ago, I came down with an attack of asthma. I had never had it before and I decided to visit an acupuncturist to find out what was going on. The acupuncturist explained to me that asthma was related to the lungs and the lungs were related to the emotion of grief. As soon as he said the word "grief", I burst into tears. Bingo! I had been experiencing extreme grief due to the hurtful behavior of my oldest son. The acupuncturist gave me the treatment and the asthma went away on its own. To learn more about the connection between emotions and your organs, read here.

Tapping is a combination of acupressure and modern psychology. By gently tapping on various points on the body and speaking out our feelings and emotions, while affirming ourselves, the energy in the body is rebalanced and emotional and physical healing occurs. This technique has been used on war veterans suffering from PTSD with great success. It has demonstrated benefits for a variety of issues such as depression, anxiety, physical pain and insomnia.

What is even more exciting is that when we tap on a particular feeling or issue, often this leads us to a deeper issue or event which can then be healed because it is brought up into our consciousness.

I hope you found this post interesting, educational, and helpful. Stay tuned for more on health and healing this month and do join our community by entering your email in the box provided. You'll receive my bi-weekly posts plus a copy of my free eguide "7 Steps to Finding Your Spiritual Path". 

Until next time, keep looking up!

Ariel Paz 





No comments:

Post a Comment